1. This is John Legend, the man with the beautiful voice behind some of your favorite songs like “Ordinary People,” “All of Me,” “Tonight (Best You Ever Had)” ft. Ludacris, and many, many more.
He’s pretty legendary (sorry).
2. In addition to being an accomplished musician with millions of records sold, he also has 10 Grammys. Oh yeah, and did I mention he’s also won an Academy Award?
In 2015, Legend and rapper Common won the Oscar for Best Original Song for “Glory” from the film Selma.
3. He’s also married to supermodel Chrissy Teigen, with whom he has a baby girl named Luna.
4. Sure, he’s a really accomplished and charming guy, but have you ever noticed anything else about him? Perhaps, at one point or another, he’s reminded you of a beloved PBS Kids cartoon character?
5. Over the weekend, Twitter user @sowahblanket tweeted a side-by-side photo of Legend and Arthur and claimed they look alike. The tweet became viral gold.
With more than 200,000 likes and nearing 70,000 retweets, the tweet was certainly shared far and wide on the internet over this past weekend.
6. People replied to the original tweet with convincing photos of Legend from the film La La Land. The photo shows him in a yellow shirt, which is a spot-on comparison to the famous aardvark’s well-known outfit of choice.
7. Then someone took it a step further and photoshopped part of Arthur’s face onto Legend’s.
The resemblance was uncanny.
8. The image manipulations were perfect.
— b s t f r n d ☥ 🥑 (@bstfrnd__)
9. Of course, people were amused by the comparison. One user called it “freaky.”
10. Others were “crying” after realizing they believed the singer to be a dead ringer for the animated cartoon character.
According to the original poster’s interaction with another Twitter user, the comparison was “positive” on her end, so no malice intended.
People Seem To Think John Legend Really Looks A Lot Like Arthur
SHARE YOUR VOTE!
13. Update: Chrissy Teigen, aka the Queen of Twitter, responded to the comparison in the only appropriate way: with another Arthur meme, of course.
John when you tell him he looks like Arthur
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen)