Rapper Kanye West is reportedly facing a lawsuit for $30 million by at least 800 members of his Sunday Service crew.
The class suits were filed in Los Angeles last year — hundreds of performers and production staff says they were subjected to long delays in payment, unexpected cuts in those payments and mistreatment on the job.
One performer alleges he was not allowed to take food or bathroom breaks and was made to stand for his entire, all-day shift before walking home “when a shuttle wasn’t provided.”
KANYE WEST TALKS CREATIVITY
The Daily Mail reports says that a separate lawsuit t related to Kanye’s Sunday Services was filed by the tech company MyChannel Inc. Staff claims they were never paid for six months of work.
Attorneys are looking for more staff to add to the lawsuit:
“They’ve got hundreds of people on board already, but they’re talking to many, many others who want to be a part of it,” an insider told The Sun. “People are very upset how they were treated, saying it’s their worst experience. People in the lawsuit are asking their friends who’ve worked on previous Sunday Services, and they’re jumping at the chance, they want to get involved and talk about their horrible time.”