1. In the final season premiere of Gilmore Girls, Luke and Lorelai break up.
In the Season 6 finale, Lorelai had given Luke an ultimatum and set a date for them to get married. When he refused to comply, she slept with Christopher.
2. Luke fights to get Lorelai back, but she tells him about Christopher. That’s when they’re ~seemingly~ done for good.
3. Rory spends her summer tutoring kids for the SATs while getting used to Logan working in London.
She’s also the editor in chief of the Yale Daily News.
4. Meanwhile, Lane gets pregnant on her honeymoon — both she and Zack freak out just a little bit.
5. Lorelai and Christopher start dating for real, and things are actually going well this time around.
6. They even pick up Emily from jail because she got pulled over for talking on her phone while driving (and for giving the officer a hard time).
7. Logan surprises Rory with a quick visit and buys a website as a part of his business.
9. He also goes on one date with April’s swim instructor, but it does *not* go well.
10. Lorelai and Christopher fly to Paris to bring Gigi to see Sherry, Gigi’s mom/Christopher’s ex. While on their romantic getaway, Lorelai and Christopher end up eloping.
11. They don’t immediately tell Rory that they got married, and she’s really upset when she eventually finds out.
12. Meanwhile, in order to help gain custody of April, Luke asks Lorelai to write a character reference for him. It’s emotional, to say the least.
13. And reading it causes Christopher to realize Lorelai still loves Luke.
In the middle of all the emotional chaos, Christopher and Luke end up getting into a fight in the middle of the Stars Hollow gazebo.
14. Ultimately, Lorelai and Christopher end their long, complicated relationship.
15. Also, Richard has his second heart attack in the series.
He’s fine, but it’s still an incredibly scary and sad moment for all of the Gilmore women.
16. Logan’s business venture goes under and he loses a LOT of money because of it.
17. Lane goes into labor at her baby shower and she and Zack have TWINS!
Their names are Steve and Kwan.
18. After getting the grand tour of Stars Hollow and getting serious about his relationship with Rory…
…Logan asks Lorelai for her permission to marry Rory.
19. Lorelai, Rory, and Emily go on a road trip down to North Carolina for a family friend’s wedding.
20. Lorelai sings “I Will Always Love You” at a karaoke night and Luke walks in in the middle of it.
Obviously, this brings the whole room to tears.
21. Richard and Emily have an extravagant graduation party for Rory at their house in Hartford, in which they sing an adorable original song together.
22. Logan surprises Rory at the graduation party and proposes.
She doesn’t immediately say yes and, instead, says she needs to think about it.
23. Rory and Paris share a sweet moment during their graduation from Yale.
24. And afterwards, Rory turns down Logan’s proposal.
She asks if it has to be all or nothing, and he insists it does. So she says she can’t marry him, and that’s the last we see of Logan Huntzberger.
25. Rory also finds it extremely difficult to find a job after college.
She’s especially disappointed when she gets rejected from the New York Times internship program.