St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect excuse to party in the middle of March. Celeb Chef Devin Alexander brews a showstopping, reduced-sugar lineup of deliciously sweet and festive drinks for St. Patrick’s Day from Truvia® Natural Sweetener. Available in the baking aisle. #SponsoredbyTruvia
SPRING GREEN COOLER
Serving size: 1 cup
· 1 granny smith apple, washed and quartered
· 1 cucumber, washed, peeled and cut in strips
· 1⁄2 cube of ginger root, washed, peeled
· 10 leaves from fresh mint, washed
· 2 tsp Truvía® Natural Sweetener
1. Using a juicer, add cucumber pieces, apple chucks, mint leaves and ginger.
2. Mix juices well add with Truvía® Natural Sweetener.
3. Enjoy right away or refrigerate.
This drink has 80 calories and 13 grams of sugar per serving compared to the full-sugar version that has 110 calories and 20 grams of sugar per serving.
MINT CHOCOLATE SHAKE
Recipe by Celebrity Chef Devin Alexander or behalf of Truvia. For more info, visit www.devinalexander.com.
¾ cup unsweetened chocolate almond milk
4 ice cubes
30 g unsweetened protein powder
2 tablespoons special dark cocoa powder
1 tablespoon Truvia® Natural Sweetener
Single drop pure peppermint extract*
Mix all ingredients in the order listed in a single serve blender cup (or you can use a full sized blender if you don’t have one) until the ice is finely crushed and the ingredients are well combined. Stop the blender to scrape down the sides, as needed.
*Use the smallest drop of peppermint extract possible since its flavor is so strong it will quickly overpower the dish if you overdo it. I recommend using a medicine dropper or pouring a very small amount into a bowl then transferring just a drop to the mixture.
CITRUS GREEN TEA
Serving Size: 1 cup (8 fl. oz.)
Drink Me, I’m Irish! Must-Try Reduced-Sugar St. Patrick’s Day Drink Recipes From Truvia (Access Hollywood)
Serving Size: One 12-ounce serving
· 4 cups water
· 6 green tea bags
· 4 – 6 packets of zero-calorie Truvía® Natural Sweetener, to taste
· 1 orange, cut into wedges
· 1 lemon, cut into wedges
· 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Bring water to boil. Add tea bags and continue boiling 1 minute. Cover and let steep 15 minutes.
2. Remove tea bags, add Truvía® Natural Sweetener and stir until dissolved. Cool. Tea can be stored in refrigerator after cooling.
3. Pour tea into pitcher. Add oranges, lemons and limes. Stir.
4. Pour over ice or refrigerate up to 2 hours.
*This drink has 0 calories and 0 grams of sugar per serving compared to the full- sugar version which has 40 calories and 10 grams of sugar per serving.