1. When we see Kevin’s uniforms hanging in the closet in Season 3, it’s eerily similar to when Kevin chose a uniform from the hotel closet in Season 2.
2. You can see the exit wound from when John Murphy shot Kevin in Season 2.
3. This banner in Matt’s church shows Ecclesiasticus 39:22, which reads: “His blessing covered the dry land as a river, and watered it as a flood.”
4. In the Season 3 premiere we see Nora going for a bike ride. At the end of the episode, we see her aged and going by the name Sarah, riding a bike as she delivers a cage of doves.
5. The opening credits of Season 2’s “Don’t Be Ridiculous” show Damon Lindelof and Tom Perrotta as Specialist Contagious and Tha Lonely Donkey King, which came from entering their names in a Wu-Tang name generator. This episode also features the Wu-Tang Clan’s song “Protect Ya Neck.”
7. This sign behind George Brevity that says “If you don’t see someone, say something.”
8. After the Australian cop named Kevin hits a kangaroo, his license plate number is shown to have “666” in it.
9. An Australian weatherman references the Sudden Departure anniversary as being on October 15th instead of the 14th as we’ve come to know. This is because Australia’s 14 hours ahead of the United States (EDT), so that’s when it took place for them.
11. When Kevin Sr. lies by the cross after being bitten by a snake, the positioning of his crutches resemble angel wings.
12. As Kevin Sr. runs inside to escape the rain, a symbol painted on the wall resembles the Oceanic Airlines logo from Lost, another Damon Lindelof series.
13. When Kevin sees Evie, the sign she’s holding is a passage from the Quran.
Here’s the passage:
When the sun is wrapped up [in darkness]
And when the stars fall, dispersing,
And when the mountains are removed
And when full-term she-camels are neglected
And when the wild beasts are gathered
And when the seas are filled with flame
And when the souls are paired
And when the girl [who was] buried alive is asked
For what sin she was killed
And when the pages are made public
And when the sky is stripped away
And when Hellfire is set ablaze
And when Paradise is brought near,
A soul will [then] know what it has brought [with it].
So I swear by the retreating stars –
Those that run [their courses] and disappear –
And by the night as it closes in
And by the dawn when it breathes
[That] indeed, the Qur’an is a word [conveyed by] a noble messenger
[Who is] possessed of power and with the Owner of the Throne, secure [in position],
Obeyed there [in the heavens] and trustworthy.
And your companion is not [at all] mad.
And he has already seen Gabriel in the clear horizon.
And Muhammad is not a withholder of [knowledge of] the unseen.
And the Qur’an is not the word of a devil, expelled [from the heavens].
So where are you going?
It is not except a reminder to the worlds
For whoever wills among you to take a right course.
And you do not will except that Allah wills – Lord of the worlds.