1. Tyra Banks and her partner, Erik Asla, recently appeared on the Norwegian-Swedish television talk show Skavlan, hosted by Fredrik Skavlan.
The two talked about everything from how they met to their newborn son York to diversity in the fashion industry today.
However, it wasn’t all peachy keen, according to Banks, because she was rejected by a ton of agencies at the start.
While discussing Paris, Banks also opened up about her longtime “rivalry” with fellow supermodel Naomi Campbell.
3. She said, in some ways, it was the media that pitted the models against one another.
4. Banks then admitted, “To this day, I’m very scared of her,” because of the way she was treated by Campbell as an up-and-coming model.
5. But she said that she now understands why her former contemporary behaved toward her in the manner that she did.
7. Banks said Campbell’s apology meant a lot to her after all those years.
8. Thankfully, it seems like all of the drama is water under the bridge now — at least we hope.
Michael Buckner / Getty Images