3. Moana directors Ron Clements and John Musker have a long history with Disney, and they include Easter eggs in all their projects. In The Little Mermaid, for example, they snuck Mickey, Goofy, and Donald Duck into Triton’s entrance scene.
6. Even all the way back in 1986, with their writing and directing debut, The Great Mouse Detective, they included an Easter egg. Look, it’s Bill the Lizard from Alice in Wonderland.
7. So what can we look for during Moana? “Flounder does appear in this movie,” Musker told BuzzFeed at a press event for Moana in July. “You’ll have to find Flounder. I won’t say where.”
8. That makes sense, right? The ocean is an actual character in Moana, so it’d be pretty easy to sneak Flounder into a scene.
9. “Olaf is in the movie very briefly,” Clements added, and — wait, what?
10. Olaf, the SNOWMAN from Frozen, is somehow going to make a cameo in a movie set in the South Pacific?
11. Yes, we all know Olaf really likes summer, and yes, I realize that none of this is even real, but he would MELT.
12. That dinky little cloud Elsa magicked him won’t do shit under the South Pacific sun!!!!!
13. Sure OK, the boat he rides during “In Summer” looks a tiny bit like Moana’s, but even that seems like kind of a reach.