Stick to your New Year’s resolutions with the help of Muuna Cottage Cheese! The brand shared its recipes with Access Hollywood Live on Wednesday. See below for how to whip up these tasty treats!
I. Apple Breakfast Parfait Recipe:
· 2 small apples
· 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
· 1 1/2 tablespoons water
· 1/3 cup gluten-free oats
· 1/2 tablespoon melted coconut oil
· 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
· 1/3 cup Muuna cottage cheese
· 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
1. Peel and core the apples and cut them into small, bite-sized pieces. Place the chopped apples into a microwaveable container and stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and water. Microwave for approximately 1 to 1 ½ minutes until the apple is tender. Remove from the microwave and allow to cool.
2. In a bowl, mix together the oats, shredded coconut and melted coconut oil.
3. Place a layer of oats and on top of that, layer the stewed apples and cottage cheese. Repeat until the cup is almost completely filled. Sprinkle with chopped pecans
II. Mexican Style Tortilla:
· 2 tbsp. Muuna plain cottage cheese
· 6 inch whole grain tortillas
· Veggies, like tomatoes and avocado
· Black pepper
· Hot sauce of choice
1. Mix 2 tbsp. Muuna plain cottage cheese with a squeeze of lime and a shake of black pepper
2. Add mixture to 6 inch whole grain tortilla
3. Top with your favorite veggies, like fresh tomatoes and avocado
4. Add a dash of your favorite hot sauce
III. Chocolate Dip:
· 1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
· 2 Tbsp. coconut butter**
· 1/4 C milk (I used coconut for the flavor)
· 1 C 2% low-fat cottage cheese
· 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
· 1/4 C powdered sugar (or more to taste)
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· shredded coconut for topping, optional
· mini chocolate chips for topping, optional
· gluten free sprinkles for topping, optional
1. Add the chocolate chips and coconut butter to a microwave safe bowl and heat at 50% power until melted and set aside.
2. Add the milk, cottage cheese, and cream cheese to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and melted chocolate mixture and blend for another minute until thick, creamy, and smooth.
3. Pour the dip into a bowl and chill completely before serving – at least 2 hours but overnight is best. Top with shredded coconut, mini chocolate chips, and sprinkles before serving if using. Serve with your favorite gluten free cookies, brownie bark, or graham crackers
Recipes Courtesy What The Fork Food Blog
— Access Hollywood Staff