“Mornings are for a Starbucks flat white and contemplation.”
1) First off, everyone would definitely be in a group text called “The Upside Down.”
2) Instead of playing Dungeons & Dragons, the boys would be sitting in Mike’s basement secretly binge-watching Game of Thrones.
3) The Hawkin’s A.V. Club would’ve been excited to get a super high-tech VR headset, not a new HAM radio.
4) Joyce and Hopper would be trying to avoid their old high school classmates on Facebook.
5) “Mornings are for a Starbucks flat white and contemplation.”
Netflix / Starbucks
6) Google searches for “Are aliens real?” would’ve skyrocketed in Hawkins, probably to the point of alerting the government.
7) Eleven still would’ve stolen boxes of Eggo waffles, but also some Halo Top ice cream.
8) Lady Bird would be playing at the movie theater instead of All the Right Moves.
9) Joyce would be working at the local Walmart instead of at Melvald’s General Store.
10) Instead of giving Will an X-Men comic for winning their bike race, Dustin would give him a Runaways comic.
11) When looking for a disguise for Eleven, Dustin would’ve found an old Hermione wig in the basement.
Netflix / Amazon
12) Instead of loving the song “Should I Stay or Should I Go” by The Clash, Jonathan and Will would’ve been jamming to “Feel It Still” by Portugal. The Man.
13) Also, Jonathan would’ve made Will a Spotify playlist as opposed to a mix tape of his favorite songs.
14) “Friends don’t break a snap streak. Ever.”
15) Chances are Steve and Nancy would’ve started dating because they matched on Tinder.
16) Barb’s parents would’ve fed Nancy and Steve Chick-fil-A instead of KFC.
17) Steve would tell Dustin that the secret to his hair is actually Kardashian Beauty Oil.
18) Also, Steve’s hair would have its own Twitter account: @StevesLusciousLocks.
19) Jonathan would have an amazing Instagram and definitely would’ve tried to save up money for a new iPhone with portrait mode.
20) All of Will’s drawings would’ve been on an iPad instead of pieces of paper.
21) Bob wouldn’t be carrying around a camcorder — he would just use his iPhone to make home movies.
22) Instead of dressing up as the Ghostbusters for Halloween, the boys would’ve dressed up as the Avengers.
Netflix / Marvel
23) Will would try to convince Joyce to see It rather than Poltergeist.
24) “I think it’s kinda cool. It’s like you have superpowers or something. Like Wonder Woman.”
25) Instead of reading Anne of Green Gables to Eleven, Hopper would’ve read her a passage from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
26) Kali and her friends would definitely be Snapchatting Eleven and all her cool powers.
27) Eleven would’ve had to explain to her Uber driver why she was traveling alone to visit her mom.
28) Dustin would’ve started an Instagram for Dart and posted some adorably strange photos.
Netflix / Instagram / Nora Dominick / BuzzFeed
29) Bob would’ve used his deep understanding of Google Maps to help him decipher Will’s map of the tunnels.
30) Nancy and Steve would’ve gotten a Facebook invite to the Halloween party instead of being handed a flyer in the school hallway.
31) Instead of having a poster of Blondie in her room, Nancy would have a poster of Kesha.
32) Billy and Max would’ve been the new kids from California that were so cool because they used to live next to a celebrity like Selena Gomez.
33) The boys would try to beat Max’s high score in HQ Trivia, not Dragon’s Lair.
Netflix / HQ Trivia
34) Murray Bauman would run a successful government conspiracy blog from his home office. He would even have tape over his webcam.
35) Will would end up turning “Bob Newby Superhero” into a webcomic.
36) The Hawkins Lab technicians would be preordering a ton of Elon Musk’s new flamethrowers.
37) And finally, Eleven would be a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show after becoming a viral internet sensation.
NBC / Netflix / Nora Dominick / BuzzFeed