1. Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss graced the SXSW Film Festival in Austin, Texas this weekend in one of the event’s featured sessions…
2. …which was moderated by none other than the IRL Stark sisters, Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) and Maisie Williams (Arya Stark).
3. It was all very delightful — like when the showrunners revealed that Ed Sheeran would have a guest role in the upcoming seventh season!
No additional details are known about who he’ll play, but Maisie Williams was incredibly excited about it.
4. But the most exciting bit was when Turner asked the showrunners what their post-Game of Thrones plans might be — and they gave us hope for even more from Westeros in the future.
The seventh season will premiere July 16, 2017 with only seven episodes total. The eighth and final season will feature only six episodes.
5. “We were talking about this,” Benioff said, “we all had dinner last night, and we were all saying we should go do different things.”
6. “There’s always going be an urge — the characters who maybe will survive — there’s always going to be this temptation to keep doing it; to do the spin-off show or do the sequel show and everything. And I think HBO might well do one.”
“I’m looking forward to watching it, I think it’ll be great, but I think it’s better for them to get new blood in with new visions.”
7. “Zombie Stark sisters,” Weiss joked — OR WAS HE REALLY JOKING*?
*Yes, he was really joking.
So, what do you think? Are you here for a Game of Thrones spin-off, or should we just accept that it, like all men, must die?
I will watch the shit out of anything even vaguely related to Game of Thrones.
Let it die.