2. It was a chaotic moment, to say the least.
Video of the whole #BestPicture disaster, including Warren Beatty trying to tell people what happened.
— BuzzFeedEntmnt (@BuzzFeedEnt)
3. But ultimately, Moonlight walked away with their Oscar. Barry Jenkins, the film’s director, tweeted this after the show:
— Barry Jenkins (@BandryBarry)
4. And everyone is completely freaking out.
Warren Beatty looking at the card trying to figure out how Emma Stone could win Best Picture
— spencer claus (@spxncxrx)
meryl streep’s face from that backstage #oscars feed when she realized what was happening with moonlight is hilario… https://t.co/Gr34hY3OIF
— karen (⊙ヮ⊙) (@magicrobins)
look at taraji when it was announced that moonlight won and not la la land :’)
— g (@biquakes)
7. A lot of people are tweeting about how crazy the whole situation was.
They are going to say La La Land, but Moonlight is actually going to win. #Oscars
— Joseph Scrimshaw (@JosephScrimshaw)
“SEE! IF IT’S WRONG, THEY CORRECT IT!” – Marisa Tomei right now
— Chris Schleicher (@cschleichsrun)
Academy: And the Best Picture goes to La La
— Tallawah (@positiviTeee)
10. Because seriously, just…wow.
“And the Oscar goes to La La Land!”
— The Black Madonna (@blackmadonnachi)
11. Some poked fun at La La Land.
In true form, La La Land only won Best Picture in a fantasy moment shared between former lovers imagining wistfully what might have been.
— Calum Marsh (@calummarsh)
— . (@_Vaun)
Leapt, without looking
And tumbled into the speech
— Richard Lawson (@rilaws)
This seems appropriate #Oscars #BestPicture
— Michaela #MyVoice (@hitthekw0n)
This is the Oscar’s moment we all deserved
— Javi Moreno (@Javi386)
16. And the Miss Universe Pageant tweeted about the incident, too.
Have your people call our people – we know what to do. #Oscars #MissUniverse
— Miss Universe (@MissUniverse)
17. Beyoncé’s Lemonade was also brought into the conversation.
Has anyone done this yet
— Jen Lewis (@thisjenlewis)
18. As was Spice World.
— Chad Hodge (@chad_hodge)
19. What a night.
La La Land (2016)
— Logan (@PlagueLovers)