2. Dancing With The Stars judge Carrie Ann Inaba tweeted “the losses of 2016 are too much to bear” and sent her condolences specifically to the dance studio that Reynolds started.
#HEARTBROKEN @DebbieReynolds1 has passed away. The losses of 2016 are too much to bear. Thinking of everyone at @DRdancestudio #RIP
— Carrie Ann Inaba (@carrieanninaba)
3. Mario Lopez wrote “I’ll always cherish our dances together.”
I’ll always cherish our dances together…
#RIP #Icon #DebbieReynolds
— Mario Lopez (@MarioLopezExtra)
4. Filmmaker Kevin Smith said he was “rewatching her be genius” in the 1996 film Mother that she starred in with Albert Brooks.
Heartbreakingly, #DebbieReynolds passes away a day after her daughter @carrieffisher. Now rewatching her be genius… https://t.co/jyF1HbxgD6
— KevinSmith (@ThatKevinSmith)
5. Brooks called Reynolds “a legend and my movie mom.”
Debbie Reynolds, a legend and my movie mom. I can’t believe this happened one day after Carrie. My heart goes out to Billie.
— Albert Brooks (@AlbertBrooks)
6. Comedy writer Travon Free shared this clip from the movie that made Reynolds famous in 1952.
Singing in The Rain is one of my absolute favorite movies. This scene always cheered me up no matter what I was fee… https://t.co/HnMJxQ4Rgj
— Travon Free (@Travon)
7. The executive producer of Grey’s Anatomy said “Debbie Reynolds, God is holding you and Carrie in his hands.”
Debbie Reynolds, God is holding you and Carrie in his hands.
We will always speak your name🌈
Love you, Debbie Allen
— Debbie Allen (@msdebbieallen)
8. Chad Coleman, known for his roles on the Wire and the Walking Dead, said Reynolds and Fisher were “performing together 4ever!”
#DebbieReynolds resting in peace with her daughter #CarrieFisher
So moved right now❤❤❤ Both splendidly talented. Performing together 4ever!
— Chad L Coleman (@ChadLColeman)
9. Dean Cain, who is best known for playing Superman on the TV show Lois & Clark, hashtagged broken heart.
Oh man… #DebbieReynolds #RIP #BrokenHeart
— Dean Cain (@RealDeanCain)
10. The band One Republic shared the praying emojis.
R.I.P Debbie Reynolds. 🙏
— OneRepublic (@OneRepublic)
11. Public Enemy’s Chuck D called her “one of my favs growing up.”
So Debbie Reynolds dies today. One of my favs growing up … 2016
— Chuck D (@MrChuckD)
12. Ellen DeGeneres sent her condolences and love to the family.
I can’t imagine what Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds’ family are going through this week. I send all of my love.
— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow)
13. Liza Vanderpump from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills said “To lose your child,is a grief maybe too much to bear #RIP Debbie Reynolds.”
To lose your child,is a grief maybe too much to bear #RIP Debbie Reynolds.
— Lisa Vanderpump (@LisaVanderpump)
14. Grant Gustin, known for playing The Flash, said “Debbie Reynolds helped light my passion for performing with Singin’ in The Rain.”
Debbie Reynolds helped light my passion for performing with Singin’ in The Rain. She will always be an icon. Rest with Carrie, Debbie.
— Grant Gustin (@grantgust)
Debbie Reynolds helped light my passion for performing with Singin' in The Rain. She will always be an icon. Rest with Carrie, Debbie.
— Grant Gustin (@grantgust) December 29, 2016
15. Zoe Saldana said “Today is officially a sad day. As a mother my heart goes out to Debbie Reynolds and her daughter Carrie Fisher.”
Today is officially a sad day. As a mother my heart goes out to Debbie Reynolds and her daughter Carrie Fisher. RIP DB and CF
— Zoe Saldana (@zoesaldana)
16. Rose Mcgowan wrote “A final curtain made of tears.”
A final curtain made of tears #DebbieReynolds #CarrieFisher
— rose mcgowan (@rosemcgowan)
17. William Shatner, who portrayed Captain Kirk on the Star Trek series, called her “one of the last of Hollywood Royalty.”
Debbie Reynolds was one of the last of Hollywood Royalty. It breaks my heart that she is gone. I’d hoped that my grieving was done for 2016.
— William Shatner (@WilliamShatner)
18. Lost and Hawaii 5-0 star Jorge Garcia wrote “In shock.”
In shock. My heart goes out to the families of Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher at such a sad tragic time. Rest in piece legends.
— Jorge Garcia (@jorgegarcia)
19. Actress Gabourey Sidibe said “I can’t imagine what kind of pain the family of Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds are feeling right now.”
I can’t imagine what kind of pain the family of Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds are feeling right now. My prayers are with them.
— Gabby SidiBae (@GabbySidibe)
20. Actress Shannen Doherty shared a photo on Instagram and wrote “RIP Debbie Reynolds. Shocking and so sad.”
21. I Dream of Jeannie star Barbara Eden shared a photo of her and Reynolds and said she was “such a talented charming lady & a good mother.”
Deepest condolences to the family of Debbie Reynolds. I was just notified of her passing. Such a talented charming… https://t.co/FzqvQwntqX
— Barbara Eden (@Barbara_Eden)