1. Kit Harington (Jon Snow) said that coming to the end of Game of Thrones was like finishing a good book. He didn’t want it to be over, but he was satisfied.
2. Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran) said he didn’t think he would cry on his last day on set, but his emotions got the best of him.
3. Maisie Williams (Arya) and Sophie Turner (Sansa) became best friends on the show and said that every time they had to do scenes together, it was “weird and awkward” getting into character in front of each other — “like seeing your boss randomly out on the street.”
4. Hannah Murray said she was very moved on where they decided to end Gilly’s story, but sad she wasn’t getting any more scripts.
5. Jacob Anderson (Grey Worm) said that he joked around with the actors who were in his final scene, saying they should mess it up on purpose to make it go on longer, but they accidentally messed it up because they began to cry.
6. Joe Dempsie (Gendry) said that he also cried on his last day on set after seeing someone else trying not to cry.
7. As a parting gift, Dan Weiss and Dave Benioff (the showrunners) presented actors with storyboards for a specific scene of their character.
8. Sophie sobbed on Kit and Maisie’s laps in the back of a car on her wrap day.
9. Emilia Clarke (Daenarys) only told her mom how Season 8 ended, but then said her mom forgot what she’d told her.
10. Before Pilou (Euron Greyjoy) became an actor, he was a nanny for Nikolaj’s (Jaime Lannister) children. He says his favorite scenes to film are with Nikolaj.
11. After reading the final script, the very first person Jacob texted was Nathalie, who played Missandei.
12. Isaac said that he accidentally told his math teacher a spoiler (back in Season 6) when he was in school.
13. The person Sophie first texted after reading the final script was Maisie.
14. Brad Pitt bid on Emilia’s auction item at a gala, which was to watch the final episode of Game of Thrones with her. Sadly, he was beat out by someone else.
15. Jacob said he thinks it’s “rude” that people online signed a petition to redo the final season.
16. Kristofer said that there were a lot of scenes with Tormund and Brienne that were cut because “it became too much.”
17. Maisie said that everything she’s learned in her 21 years she put into Arya in the final season.
18. Iain Glen (Ser Jorah Mormont) said he believes the writers “nailed it” when writing his death.
19. You’re able to spot one of the four male writers of the show, Dave Hill, in Episode 1 when Theon puts an axe through his skull.
20. Kit accidentally got one of his balls caught on the buck during his and Emilia’s dragon riding scene in Episode 1.
21. Sophie said it was really bizarre having a scene with Emilia (Dany) because she’d only ever seen her on screen before Season 8.
22. The Stark castle in Winterfell had to be rebuilt and expanded for Season 8 to allow for more rooms and more camera angles.
23. David Benioff said that Kristofer was “really chugging milk” in Brienne’s knight scene.
24. Daniel said he chugged a lot of herbal tea before Podrick’s big singing scene because he wasn’t used to singing that high.
25. The Battle of Winterfell was filmed in the dead of winter in Belfast.
26. The entire Battle of Winterfell shoot took 55 nights with actors and crews working from 4 p.m. to 6 a.m.
27. Emilia said she shot her scenes in -14 degree weather during the battle.
28. In the books, Arya is left-handed. Even though Maisie is right-handed, she learned to fight left-handed for the show.
29. Bella Ramsey (Lyanna Mormont) was really happy with her epic death by taking down the wight giant.
30. Sophie said the wights were just as scary in real life. One took her by surprise on set and she started crying.
31. Filming in the crypts during the battle took one full week.
32. There were roughly 300 body pile molds on a huge discs so they were easier to move than an individual prop body. Each one of them had to be painted and dressed to look real.
33. Dan and David knew for the last three years that it would be Arya who killed the Night King.
34. Maisie said she was grateful it was her who got to kill the Night King and not Kit.
35. After The Big Coffee Cup Scandal Of Episode 4, Sophie Turner says Nikolaj texted saying, “Great episode. Was that a coffee cup?”
36. In regards to the coffee cup controversy, Jacob said the coffee cup wasn’t even from Starbucks contrary to what people believed.
37. There are no zippers on any of the costumes.
38. Liam Cunningham (Ser Davos Seaworth) “liberated” a full-sized Dothraki sword from set.
39. Showrunners Dan and David have a cameo in the post-battle celebration scene during Episode 4.
40. The crew had to build a giant container wall in front of the King’s Landing set to create privacy from nosy fans and paparazzi trying to figure out what would happen during the last season.
41. Even though it looked extremely high, the platform Cersei and Missandei stood on in Episode 4 was only 8 feet tall. It was intentionally done not only so it was easier to get certain shots, but also to protect the secrecy of the plot from the surrounding area.
42. Lena Headey (Cersei) said that the set of King’s Landing was built so intricately that she’d probably never act on a set as big and immersive like this one ever again.
43. During Daenerys’s attack scene in King’s Landing, there were dozens of stunt people who were actually lit on fire.
44. Cleganebowl took place on a 72-step staircase. It also took multiple days to film.
45. Hafþór (The Mountain) would have to wake up at midnight to get ready for an 8 a.m. call because he had to wear so much prosthetics. That’s 7 and a HALF hours of makeup and 10 hour days.
46. Shooting Varys’s death took seven months. The weather was not permitting for the outdoor shoot and they had to keep coming back to shoot wide-angled shots, and every time they did that Conleth would have to show up to “die” again and again.
47. It took eight cameras and a ton of piecing together in post to put together the explosion of the gate being destroyed in King’s Landing
48. During Arya’s journey to get out of King’s Landing she said, “I think they wanted the audience to think Arya was dead for a second, but our audience is too smart for that.”
49. And finally, there are two large plaques with the letter “D” engraved within the set of King’s Landing — one for Dan and one for Dave.